Monday, September 22, 2008

Hula Boy's Top Ten Restaurant's

I wasn't quite sure how to put this list together, so I sort of broke it down into categories...

Best Fast Food Chain- Checkers

Checkers is awesome, it has burgers better than Wendy's and curly fries better than Arby's. This was a pretty easy selection, and I hope everyone else has had the chance to experience a Checkers, but am unsure of there locations, particularly in PA.

Best Steak Chain- The Palm
I've only been once, but it was phenomenal. In high school, I remember watching my boss eat at this place every single day for lunch, and that is what I aspire to.

Best Seafood Chain- McCormick and Schmick's
This might be my all time favorite restaurant and it only gets bonus points for me meeting former Oklahoma Senator and football player JC Watts at the place.

Best Burger Chain- Red Robin
For anyone that knows me, this was a pretty no brainer selection. I mean who can't go for a phenomenal burger and shake from RR?

Best Pub Chain- Fado's Irish Pub
I have discovered this pub chain in Chinatown here at DC, the spot of my local Pub Quiz on a weekly basis. The spot is a great hangout and the food is great for a bar.

Best Chinese Chain- PF Changs
I'll side with Big Ben on this one, and go along with his favorite Chinese Food place. I'm not sure if it is necessarily my favorite Chinese Food place, but there aren't many chains in the field.

Best Mexican Chain- Rio Grande

A limited chain existing in Maryland, DC, Virginia, Florida, and Texas this is George H. W. Bush's favorite restaurant and I've got to agree with the man. Awesome food.

Best Pizza Chain- Italian Village Pizza
Discovered in Pittsburgh, this place is great, and I am already missing a solid pizza chain place that isn't the suckage of Pizza Hut, Dominos, or Papa Johns.

Best Dessert Chain- Cheesecake Factory
I'll admit the food isn't the best, especially for the price. But the cheesecake is to die for...

Best Coffee Chain - Starbucks

Why not? It truly is a chain...around the world.

Til Next Week
Hula Boy

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I've got to try these D.C. area places you listed. I know where there is a Checkers. I was trying to think of a pizza chain to put on mine and I completely forgot that Italian Village counted.