Friday, September 19, 2008

Dan's in a Chain Restaurant Gang

10. Arby’s: I usually feel a little ill after I eat Arby’s, but you can’t pass up that 5 for $5.95 deal. I will usually disregard my health and safety in order to cram down that last curly fry or apple turnover.

9. Bagel Factory: I have many fond memories of Sunday afternoons spent at the Squirrel Hill Bagel Factory followed inevitably by a trip to a comic book store. One thing to watch out for: omelet prices are based on add-ins, and can often skyrocket.

8. Quizno’s: Quizno’s is superior to Subway in almost every way. Their sandwiches are not as bland and are much more creative than comparable ones from Subway. You also don’t smell like ass after leaving a Quizno’s like you would at a Subway.



7. Qdoba: Qdoba wins over Chipotle based on its wider selection of gigantic burritos. Their food often helps cut calories too since one meal at Qdoba usually causes one to skip their next few meals.

6. Wendy’s: This is my favorite restaurant in the McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s trio. I usually stick to the Spicy Chicken Sandwich although the burgers are fine too. The Frosty’s are popular, some people even dip their fries in it…not for me. The Wendy’s on Center Ave. in Pittsburgh also provides evening entertainment in the form of crazy old regulars. Toupee Man, Heroin Addict, Hair Plugs, and others all make nightly appearances!



5 Boston Market: The chicken isn’t always the best, but the sides are always wonderful. Nothing beats Boston Market’s sweet potatoes!

4. Panera Bread: I enjoy Panera, even though it is always crowded. There is nothing as satisfying as eating their chicken and wild rice soup in a bread bowl. I am also a big fan of their portobello and mozzarella panini.

3. Bravo! Cucina Italiana: Although I’m usually a little leery of restaurants that think they are classier than they actually are (I’m looking at you Cheesecake Factory), I can’t deny the great taste of Bravo’s food. I’ve never been disappointed with a meal there, with the highlight always being the delicious focaccia bread. The décor, other than the ridiculous pillars, also refrains from being too over-the-top.

2. Red Robin: I am always much more satisfied with Red Robin than I am with its main competitors: Applebees, TGI Fridays, and Ruby Tuesday. The menu offers a variety of gourmet burgers (pink or no pink?) and bottomless beverages. Replicate Red Robin seasoning at home: http://www.bigoven.com/161088-Red-Robin-Seasoning-for-French-Fries-recipe.html

1. Taco Bell: I often accuse Taco Bell of putting the same brown gloop in every tortilla, but that doesn’t mean I love it any less. Meals are insanely cheap and the menu is full of fictional Mexican style food.



I would like to also welcome Karyn, who helped come up with this topic and will be providing a guest post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww. Your post made me nostalgic. I miss you + Me + Kevin outings to both Toaco Bell and Wendy's. Toupee Man!!! :( :( :(

Unknown said...

*taco