Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dan's Top Ten Fictional Pets

10. Amy-Congo
Amy can use sign language, which is fun. She can also wield a laser gun in the fight against evil white gorillas…or something. I forget how that movie ended, but I do know there were diamonds and lava!

9. Wilbur-Charlotte’s Web
I read Charlotte’s Web so much when I was a kid that the binding began to fall apart. Wilbur sure is “some pig.”

8. Snoopy-Peanuts

Snoopy manages to be sassy without ever saying anything.


Bleah!

7. T-101 (T-800)-Terminator 2: Judgment Day

I could never remember if Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character is called a T-101 or T-800, and the Wikipedia entry did nothing to resolve this. In T2, the T-101 is essentially a guard dog for John Connor. Viewed as such, it’s the most badass guard dog ever.

6. Chip N’ Dale
In classic cartoons, these lovable scamps were the bane of Donald Duck’s existence. Donald is kind of an ass, so it was nice to see him put in his place. Chip and Dale have received modern makeovers (Chip donned a dapper hat, and Dale put on a goofy Hawaiian shirt.) The duo also began to fight crime and starred in an awesome NES video game.


Such a good cartoon!


5. Epona-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Epona is Link’s faithful steed in several Zelda games. Wherever you are, Epona is just a 6-note tune on an ocarina away. This is incredibly useful when you are in a jam or need to travel across Hyrule Field in a hurry.

4. Wishbone
I like books, and so does Wishbone! A pet that can make classic literature relevant to modern life is a great teaching aid.

3. Remy-Ratatouille
What’s better than having a pet who can cook for you?

2. Ewok-Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
I caught bits and pieces of RotJ this weekend on television, and it reminded me of how adorable ewoks are. As long as you are nice to them, they won’t fire a rock into your head with a slingshot.

1. Willy-Free Willy
This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Who doesn’t want a pet that could destroy most other animals, yet is still kind to a troubled youth?



3 comments:

Josh Camson said...

I considered a Terminator for my list. But your description limits us to ANIMALS. Not something that performs an animal-like function. FAIL.

Daniel said...

I considered it a "made-up creature." Who's to say what can be considered living?

Unknown said...

Well, in that case, I want a Transformer!!! Camson and I have already discussed this.